Friday, January 25, 2013

Thanks for ruining my day, technology

I would say that a refrigerator is a pretty vital piece of equipment in ones life. I have found this out only recently (wednesday). Long story short, our fridge is just chilly now, nothing more, nothing less. Have you ever gone to make a turkey sandwich only to discover that your fresh package of deli meat is lukewarm? Cause I have! 

Have you ever realized that the reason your stomach feels strange is because the eggs you scrambled the night before have been sitting in a "chilly" fridge for 24 hours? Don't worry, nothing more dramatic happened (i.e. the barfs), but thank goodness!

But here is the real kicker. The part of this broken appliance story that makes my blood boil. No one will come to fix it!!!! The landlord says "just trust the process"....um, that is what we tell girls when they are going through rush, I just want to eat some yogurt without it smelling weird. The "process" is someone coming out here to fix the dang thing. 

Also, it like really stresses me out when I know someone is supposed to show up "between 8 and 4." Should I shower? What if they knock on the door and I'm brushing my teeth? Should I go to HEB really quick? They might have showed up while I'm gone and then driven away because no one was there.  

I feel like a brat right now even complaining about this, but it doesn't seem like it should be this hard to get someone out here when we first called about it a few days ago. Apparently, if no one shows up by 4 (in about 20 minutes). I am supposed to call the landlord and see if we can just replace the whole fridge.  

Sigh. I'll go dream about ice cream and other perishable items that my diet requires while I wait for "the process" to continue. 

Sincerely, 
Dairy lover

No comments: