Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012

Long time no blog! 

I really owe this post to Lauren for hinting to get my butt in gear and blog again. I also owe it to an extremely boring Saturday night where I am working on (avoiding) school work while most of my friendles are out of town or busy.  

Halloween was a blast this year, we actually had our Halloween Date Party on Halloween so it felt extra special. Here is a quick summary of my night. 

- Me and Travis went to Hobby Lobby to buy supplies for our costume, we were very excited to be so thrifty about our costume...but then couldn't resist the giant bags of candy near the checkout line, oh well. 

- We went to dinner with a bunch of my pretty pretty pi phi friends and Abby (dressed as Megan from "Bridesmaids") made me laugh so hard I thought I was gonna puke. It was awesome. 

- After dinner I had my first round of painful hiccups. Probably due to the marg and the laughter. 

-Got fire ant bites while standing in the lawn waiting for the date party buses. My feet look like they have pimples all over them.  

- Bus ride to the party was terrifying. Yellow school busses going 80 mph on country roads, not my thang. Imagine that scene in Willy Wonka where they are on that terrifying boat, only minus the colors...and the wonderment.

- Danced like a maniac/idiot with my friends. Honestly, this was probably the most fun date party ever. No one gave a crap about how crazy they looked. My kind of date party!

- Travis did some dance moves I've never seen before, like I don't think Travis has ever made me laugh that hard ever....I laughed really really hard, 2nd round of painful hiccups, while dancing.  

- Got 3rd round of painful hiccups when Travis brought me home. Poor guy, I was being quite annoying with them, saying 'ow' every time I hiccuped. By this point he was over consoling me (can you blame him?) 

- Slept like a baby 




All in all, yes, quite a successful last Halloween as a college student. People either understood our costume (formal apologies) or...they didn't, but we really didn't care.  

Exciting week this week, the election, going home early for Blake and Holly's wedding and hopefully lots of time with my mama, I miss her!



1 comment:

Lauren Haines said...

YES! thank you for this.